Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Regardless of what someone wrote in response to "Cindy" asking where I've gone (on the guestbook page of butchryan.net), I am not "gone". I'm still here. I'm ok. As many of you know (who know me) or have read in these pages, the past 6 months or so have been very difficult. Woody's illness, the passing of my father, along with personal issues I won't share on these pages, have left me worn out a bit. I decided to take June off. I haven't blogged since April. To be honest, it's hard to blog when things in your life seem to be falling down around you. But rest assured, I AM NOT GONE! Now while I know some who read this blog would be saddened to hear that (if they don't like me why do they even come to my site?), many and most of you who are great supporters and/or good friends will be happy to hear I'm comin' 'round. If it may seem that if when it rains it pours Butch has had a hurricane blowing for the last half year, I'm here to tell you the sky is starting to clear. Before all this I've had plenty of blue sky, and I know there are blue skies ahead. As much as I try to stay out of the guestbook wars, sit back, read, and laugh at how some hate the way I dress while others come to my rescue and say it's all only about the music, it pisses me off, quite frankly, that someone out there:
#1 - answers "Cindy" for me
#2 - answers that I'm gone
I am certainly not "gone", and I challenge the person who feels I am to come out to Tank's on July 7th and see how "gone" I am.
To those who are still with me, let me assure you I've been gathering my thoughts, spirit, and drive. The CD that was haulted during recording due to Woody's illness will resume production shortly (I've been in contact with Steve Connelly and we actually had done quite a bit before the stop). Rock and roll will never die, and Butch Ryan is not gone. If you (and you know who you are) are sitting there thinking "bullshit", I can only offer you a sincere "FUCK YOU!"... and I hope to see you at the next show.
Take care. Later, Butch