Monday, April 02, 2007

It's Opening Day for the baseball season. The Cubbies are in Cincy to take on the Reds. My dad isn't here. This sucks. I can't seem to get excited about it. My dad would be all over this game today. Zambrano is on the mound for Chicago. He loved watching that guy pitch. The amout of heartbreak I am currently feeling is beyond words. I miss my dad so much, even more on days like today, days we both looked forward to and shared so many times. As I write this I feel my eyes filling up so I will stop now.

OK, I'm ready to move on. I'm sucking it up for my Papa. I'll will try to watch our beloved Cubs. Can't promise I'll get through it all, can't promise I won't get upset while watching. But I WILL watch, and then tonight I will discuss it out loud for a few minutes before I go to bed, discuss it with him. Talk aloud to him like I do every night. Tell him I love him, miss him. Talk about our Cubs. Yep, that's what I'm gonna do. GO CUBS! Take care. Later, Butch