Friday, March 16, 2007

In Tom Petty's song "Walls", he sings, "Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks." I must admit my days (and mostly nights, when your brain isn't occupied with the daily bullshit and you're forced to think about things) have been pretty rocky. Sleep doesn't come with ease. It only arrives with utter exhaustion. Diamonds are rare. Little lights of sunshine, with an occasional laugh, feel great. They give me hope that in time, although things will NEVER be the same, I'll feel a bit brighter on the inside. My dad is on my mind constantly. It's in a good way: I think back to a fond memory, or hear what he'd be saying about a topic that's just crossed my ears. But always soon after, the saddness creeps in. We were close. I spoke to him everyday. During the week, 3 o'clock was our time. Three o'clock now arrives daily with pain. I miss him so much. It doesn't help baseball is back. Baseball was our biggest common denominator (besides my son Ryno). Yep, it hurts. Take care. Later, Butch
P.S. If you don't have a team, or really don't follow baseball, make the Cubs yours. My Papa is working a deal upstairs. This is the year!