Monday, November 27, 2006

I started my birthday very early this morning. Woke up at 3 am. I did a radio show spot. I spent about an hour playing my music (both live and on CD), and discussing my songs and influences. As I sat there at 5 am with the headphones on, I thought to myself how lucky I am. I mean, believe me, not everything in my life is perfect or even close to where I'd want it to be, but to start my 42nd birthday surrounded by friends, those I'm close to and understand and accept me for who I am, to be there with my Gibson acoustic guitar and harmonica around my neck, sharing my music over the airwaves... yep, I'm a lucky man. This music, these sounds I hear in my head, it's all so much a part of who I am. To have the opportunity to share that, discuss it, enjoy it, and all on my birthday, well, it's a moment I'll never forget. What a great way to start my day. Thanks to my radio host, Ryan, for his time and discussion, thanks to my buddy Joe (J-Ride!!!) for hooking it up and being there with me, and a special thanks to Karen, for her understanding, time, and energy. She kept me focused and aware, as always, giving me purpose and clarity. Thanks for getting my 42nd off to such a wonderful start. By the way, you can hear a copy of the show. Just google WMNF Radio in Tampa, Florida (88.5 FM). Take care. Later, Butch