Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just a quick update to the status of the new cd: drum tracks completed for 10 tracks, as are bass and rhythm guitar. Lead guitar finished for 6 tunes, as well as a few harmonica parts done. Still a ways to go. Acoustic guitar under everything (I learned that from the Stones), all vocals (both lead and harmony) still needed, as well as tamborines, shakers, B3, pedal steel, etc. All the "little" stuff. I'm also going to add 2 or 3 more tunes so Woody will have to come in to lay more drums down; Chris the bass parts. I'll also record an all acoustic tune or two, and remix an acoustic tune already finished. I'm thinking 14 or so tunes on this one, and why not? Who knows when I'll be back in here. I might as well get a lot done. I don't even have an idea yet for the title or "look" of the cd. I always let that just come to me during the recording. I trust something will surface, it always does. So, as you can see, I'm in the middle of it, with still a bit of road ahead to travel. I figure the "Video Diary" will be in three parts (the first one is up on the website). Once all the guitars are done, part 2 will be edited and posted. Part 3 will include everything else. Hope you're enjoying. Thanks for the read and the listen. Take care. Later, Butch