Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ode to my cousin Pat ("Little Pat") who passed away last week much much much too young: we'll all miss you. Pat was tending bar at his brother's (my cousin Rick's) bar, The Green Iguana, back in the day when I played there alot. My mind shifts back to a fond memory (one of many) of me climbing onto the bar crooning (I believe the band was playing AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long") like a redneck Danzig (thanks Scott Harrell). Two young ladies were really drunk and really getting into it. Soon they began to kiss. I talked them onto the top of the bar with me for all to see. Pat, behind the bar ,talked them into taking off their shirts. Beautiful. Rock and roll, baby! Steve (my other cousin and Pat's sensible older brother) laughingly made them get down and dress. It's a reputable place, things just kinda went kookie for a moment. Lots of beer and AC/DC covers will do that to ya. Plus, I know I wasn't any help. And Pat was just being Pat. Adios "cuz", mio cugino. I know I'll laugh with you again in a much better place. It's time now to begin to heal, to end the tears and let the fondness of sweet memory take hold and comfort. It's hard. Very hard, but what else is there to do? Take care. Later, Butch