Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Seems like old times yet different. I'm back to the studio this week to start a new CD for the first time in almost 3 years. I'll be back at the same studio with the same engineer I've worked with the past 3 CD's. This time though, I won't be totally solo as twice before or with a full band as twice before, but rather a combo of the two. It won't be just me or me and 3 others (is the number 3 my deal today or what? Can I play the lotto Pick One?). Anyway, I'll use all the guys I do live for various songs, plus a few others I think would do the parts well on particular songs. Will it work? Who knows. If not, I'll scratch the idea and either do it solo or pick 3 (there it is again) guys to play all the tunes. No biggie. Time to try something new. I should end up with six or seven total musicians playing on this CD. It's going to be interesting to me to see if Butch Ryan songs sound like Butch Ryan songs regardless of who is playing the music behind the lyrics. If not, not. No biggie, no pressure. Just let the music play. Let see what happens. Take care. Later, Butch