Monday, August 28, 2006

Hurricane's a blowin'. Oh well, that's life in Florida. Hopefully it will miss everything and everyone and peter out in the Atlantic. Peter out Ernesto... no way a hispanic hurricane will peter out. No way... hopefully. Katrina showed us the other side of that coin. In other news... I finished the first installment of "Butch Ryan's Video Diary: The Making of a CD". I edited the footage last week. It shows how drum tracks are "put down". Hopefully someone will enjoy it. I'm waiting for it to go from vhs to dvd and then get "put up" on the website. Hopefully, very soon. (I'm so hopeful these days.) And finally, I was thinkin'. You ever notice how Irish songs sound just like pirate songs? Guess lots of the pirates were Irish. They all talk of women and drinking. Makes sense the Irish outlook would seem similar to "the pirates life for me" thing. I mean every song is about " a beautiful lass and a bottle of wiskey". "Oh, I feel for Fanny McFee/ The wiskey I'm drinkin' makes me pee." Can't you just 'ear it in yer 'ead? C'mon now, Jimmy, can't you 'ear it?
The "green glen" is replaced by "the blue ocean" and vice versa. Aye. Just random, hopeful thoughts. Take care. Later, Butch