Monday, August 21, 2006

The first studio session felt great. I've worked there so many times before. It was like putting on an old favorite pair of jeans. It felt so right, so comfortable. I'm really pleased with the batch of songs, and that's the bottom line. The proof is always in the pudding. If I didn't believe in the material it wouldn't matter how good the studio felt, the overall experience would suffer greatly. Not the case here, thank God. And Woody was unbelievable. (Woody is my drummer and very good long time friend Jeff Wood.) He played like a banchee, 10 tunes down in 5 hours. His hands were actually bleeding. Seems a blister from the last gig popped. He never once bitched, just kept going, really trying to give me and the tunes his best. And he did. He's such a good guy and musician. A true pleasure to have around, another reason for the great experience that was last Friday night. I decided to have footage shot of the whole thing and maybe put out a video diary from time to time on the website showing what goes into the making of a CD (yeah, I shot the bloody hands). I'll keep you posted. Take care. Later, Butch