Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Silence is golden. Isn't that what they say before a movie at the theatre? I guess it is there. And when you're having a hectic day, or you have a headache. But sometimes, when you need escape from the everyday, when you need relief from the thoughts that trouble you, the thoughts you just can't seem to get out of your head, then silence is not golden. It is an abyss, a vacuum, a void that offers no refuge. I think that's why you feel good after you talk to someone, or you do something outside. Is it so much the sunshine or rather the fact that you're stimulating your brain, taking it away from "thinking" for awhile. Excersize, endorphines, etc., etc. I also think that music can play a big part in all this. It, too, can take you away, help you cope with not only your problems, but the day to day monotony our lives at times become. Springsteen's "Born to Run" cranked up to high volume can really help the morning drive to work, you know what I mean? So where does this blog end up? Hey, silence isn't always golden. Sometimes you need an electric guitar. Did I mention I play an electric guitar? Take care. Later, Butch