Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The presentation. The build up. The hype. That's show biz. I thought about all of this last night as I watched magician/illusionist/dare devil David Blaine try to hold his breath for nine minutes under water after being in water for a week. Huh? Where does a magic "trick" mix with trying to mess with death? It doesn't BUT it works for DB due to the presentaton, the build up, the hype. It's show biz, entertainment. There was a quote from Houdini on there that said it best: "I don't care what they write about me as long as they spell my name right." Show biz, baby, entertainment. By the way, DB didn't make it. I mean, the record. Don't worry, he's alive and breathing, finally. He held his breath for ONLY 7:05. Wimp! Seriously, nobody cared that he didn't make it. Why? C'mon, you know by now, the presentation, the build up, the hype. Take care. Later, Butch