Monday, May 01, 2006

Mundane. Yep, raised the lawn mower wheels up a few notches. Mowed this weekend. Makes the lawn look like a carpet. Neighbor gave me the tip. It does make a difference. Looks good. Mundane. Sometimes, when life is hectic and wacky, it's a good thing. Helps to ease the mind. Other times, when you're bored, it adds to the restlessness. A thin line for sure, a delicate balance. I get anxious when not much is happening, I get anxious when I'm overloaded. Finding the in-between is magic. It happens but while it's happening you tend to take it for granted. I need to get comfortable dealing with the mundane, allow myself to relax, just as I've learned that when things are hectic, it's best to focus on the task at hand. The realization that the task can and will be completed gets me through. It's just a constant learning process. Learning how to deal, figuring yourself out so you can reach contentment. As Aerosmith sang, "Life's a journey, not a destination." It just helps when you know how to enjoy the ride. Take care. Later, Butch