Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Two reasons why even though it's not June 21st I know Summer is here in Florida: #1- I'm driving around at 6:45 am with the convertible top down and in no way is it cold. Now I will say that once June hits it won't be as comfortable as it is now. It will be muggy and sticky at 7 am, but for now it's really nice in the am, driving around, wind in my hair. #2- I've got baseball on the brain. I'm going to bed checking West Coast scores, waking up and checking West Coast finals. (Maddox and the Cubbies beat L.A. 4-1 last night!) Yep, that's my Summer time ritual. Been doing that since high school. And it's gotten so bad that last night and early early this morning I kept going over my all time Hall of Fame starting 8 versus Jim Rome. In the dream, I kept telling Romie I was shocked he didn't have Joe D. in his outfield. We never got around to pitching 'cause the alarm went off. Yes, Summer is here for the Butcher... and it feels great. Take care. Later, Butch