Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Some time around the turn of the century (sounds so dramatic, doesn't it?), I was playing a gig in a little town called Clermont, in Central Florida. There was a gypsy/hippie looking chick sending Crown Royal shots up to the stage. Very nice, the shots, that is. As I got off the stage, she walked towards me. I smiled and introduced myself while extending a hand. She grabbed my hand tightly and said, "I'm Honeylove", and refused to let go. "I'm a witch", she said, "and I'm getting a vibe from your hand." Well how about that! "You guys are good. Things look good in your future." Well thanks, Honeylove, I thought to myself! Who knew? You meet all kinds when most of your days are spent in bars and clubs. This was the same joint where I once met a guy named Lobo, who, among other things, told me he was friends with LL Cool J and his nickname was "Cali", hence the song, "I'm Goin' Back to Cali". Did that mean they had a Brokeback thing going? Then he tried to sell me napalm. Like I said, you meet all kinds. Take care. Later, Butch