Thursday, April 27, 2006

"I'm Mike Jones, I'm Mike Jones" (I'm Butch Ryan, I'm Butch Ryan). First of all, how in the hell can that be song lyrics? Number two, and it becomes a hit? Falls into the "what the..." catagory for me. I guess some artists' lyrics will be forgiven just because of the artist (or genre). I've always thought to myself that if I walked into a rehearsal and told the band, "here are the chords", and then they asked for the lyrics and I said, "oh, I'm just gonna sing dee-do-do-do, dee-da-da-da" or "uh-uh-uh, uh-uh-uh-uh-uh", that I would be: A.) mocked and ridiculed, B.) beat about the head and neck with a glass bottle, C.) made to walk the plank (your basic "mutiny"), D.) told I suck. Lyrics. Lyyyyyrics. Lyricsssss. Damn. Not always an easy thing. I need to work on me lyrics. Don't want to get A,B,C, or D, do I? I'm sure I'll get by. I know when they need work, I know when they're right on. Degree in English from the University of South Florida, ya know (GO BULLS). Still, how would I ever know "dee-do-do-do, dee-da-da-da" could be a huge hit? Guess you gotta go with your gut, and to hell with everything else. Take care. Later, Butch