Friday, April 07, 2006

Early this morning I heard an old Foreigner song. It brought back memories of my high school years. By that time the baseball possibility had become realistic. Although I was an excellent fielder, my arm was suspect, I wasn't that fast a runner, and I was an average hitter with little power. I was a 1.5 tool player. I took up the guitar and the soccer ball instead. My brother and I, along with another Cuban American friend of ours had a little 3 man soc/hoc team that ruled the neighborhood. We played soccer on the tennis courts of the area. We used to play some other guys who were white. Great 3 on 3 matches! It was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (us) versus Foreigner (them). It was "Refugee" vs. "Dirty White Boy". We had a blast. Oh, that tune this morning took me back. Take care. Later, Butch