Monday, April 03, 2006

Beach towns, are they all sleazy? Must all boardwalks have members of "The Pirates of the Caribean" club hanging out? Why do such apparent forms of low life gather near the coastline? Questions, questions, questions. Yesterday I found myself in Daytona Beach killing time for a radio show. As I walked around the boardwalk I thought about the beautiful Asbury Park, New Jersey, home of THE BOSS, Mr. Bruce Springsteen. The place is hurtin', and I mean real bad (that's bad meaning bad not bad meaning good, brother). Daytona's right there with it. Sure, Daytona's got a nice Hilton, but both boardwalks are awful, and Jersey's got Bruce, so I figure Bruce and The Hilton cancel each other out. Final tally... two holes. But it's so romantic! Yeah, right. Tatooed women with barefoot children eating cotton candy (the tatted up women, I mean) ain't romantic. It's depressing. And the word dirty doesn't hold enough fever to do these places justice. Sorry to those folks who call these pits home, I mean no ill will. I'm just reporting what I see, throwing in tons of opinions, filling up blog space. I hope you understand. Take care. Later, Butch