Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bad bad bad bad bad bad dream last night. The kind of dream that makes you feel really really happy once you wake up, realize it's a dream, and turn the pillow over to the cool side to continue your slumber. We were on some sort of tour somewhere, far from home. A good crowd had gathered as we were getting the gear out of the van. I was feeling good. I told Chris I could get the last monitor on my own. It slipped from my hand and fell on top of my Gibson acoustic guitar (which was in a soft case, which is bullshit 'cause I always keep it in a hard case 'cause it's my baaaby). Snap. I heard it go snap. Through the bs soft case I could see a clean break at the neck. I tried not to freak. I pulled it out in two pieces. The guys couldn't believe it. I yelled for Karen, our manager. What the hell am I gonna do now? Karen!!! Then I woke up. Upon realizing it was all just a horrible dream, I felt that sick feeling leave my stomach, and I then turned the pillow over to the cool side and continued my sleep. Best of all, I didn't go back to that dream. I found myself somewhere else. Somethin' 'bout cafeterria food...? Take care. Later, Butch