Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Today's flavor is that of clerk. It's one that I hate. Filling out forms isn't my cup of tea (with milk!), however it has to be done. Copyrights protect you and your music. It's like insurance. You're always thinking you won't need to cash it in, but if something happens and you haven't done it, you'll feel like a fhuge dumbass. ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers) monitors commercial broadcasts. If your stuff is played, they'll collect payment for you. My membership is under the name Ryno's Paw Music. You might've seen that on my CD's. It's like having your own little publishing company. There are forms, forms, and a few more forms for ASCAP, more than for the copyrighting. It's all great fun. And so that's where the rock and roll has me today. Tomorrow it's off to the UK and a gig at The Cavern, today it's clerk boy. Tomorrow it's pills to pass out and not experience the pleasure of an eight hour flight, today it's visiting the post office and wishing I had pills to help me deal with the long lines I always encounter. It's all so very rock and roll. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose"(Neil Young, "String Man"). Take care. Later, Butch