Thursday, March 30, 2006

I woke up today kinda blue. You know those days when you wish you were 10 again? That was my morning. I wanted to tell my son to forget school, and then we could go to the park and kick around the new rugby ball I brought home. Afterwards, I'd have lunch with my parents. Yep, I planned it all out in the shower as I let the hot water hit and massage my brain. To be 10 again, with not a care in the world, ah, but that was the key to my morning. As it progressed I realized compared to many others, I don't have a care in the world. Maybe not today, but this weekend I CAN kick the rugby ball with my son, and I CAN call my folks and get together soon. And so I realized I shouldn't be so blue. I'm just overwhelmed sometimes at the hectic pace I choose to live. But I also realized that in that hectic pace there are many things I really love to do. It's my choosing, everything comes with a price. I just need to make time to get all those little things in (rugby, golf, watching baseball with my dad, conversations with mom, etc.). And so, rather than feeling blue, my morning became being thankful for what I do have, and realizing it's all attitude and keeping things in perspective. It's all good, no time to feel down. Summer is right around the corner. Ten will be possible for a few moments come June. Take care. Later, Butch