Monday, March 06, 2006

I went to a zoo yesterday. Hadn't been to one in many years, and the last time I had been to one I think I was more interested in watching my son, making sure he was okay within the crowds, and making sure he saw "everything", that I wasn't really viewing things for myself. Well, yesterday I did. It was amazing. I really looked at the animals with a sense of wonder I hadn't felt in a long long time. It was like being a kid again. I hope that keeps happening to me as I get older. I hope things that should have meant something but didn't because I was too busy, come back around with a sense of wonder. The size of the elephants and gators were like too much to comprehend. I don't know how I missed having that feeling the last time around. I guess I was too worried with everything else to enjoy it on that level for me. Makes me wonder what else we miss in our lives. I guess retirement is a wonderful thing. Not that I'm even close to that (I got carded TWICE for beer!!!!). Just makes me think. Take care. Later, Butch