Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tonight I'm back in the studio with one of the finest musicians I've ever met. Steve Connelly is the guy who plays "everything" on my two solo CD's, and did a bunch of little stuff on "Wishing On the Stars", as well as engineer and co-produce those 3 CD's. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years since I last worked with him. We've been in touch, but to actually be in the studio with him, working on music, has been 2 years now. Wow, time flies. Tonight I'll be working on an acoustic tune I want to include on a compilation CD I'm putting out including bits and pieces of the last 4 CD's I've recorded the last 10 years. I always feel so comfortable working with Steve. I know I'm in good hands. We always seem to be on the same musical page. I'm really looking forward to it. And I'm not a guy who really likes the studio all that much. I mean, it's hard hard work. Things don't go to tape sounding good easily. Having Steve man the controls has always made it more pleasurable for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate the studio, but I'm more of a live show kind of guy. That's where I feel best. More tomorrow on how it went. Take care. Later, Butch