Monday, February 27, 2006

So it's a cold Monday morning (by Florida standards) and I've got a kink in my left shoulder and neck that feels like the size of Texas. It's leading me down that ugly path called "my head feels like it's gonna explode due to a fhuge headache". Other than that I'm trying to surround myself with hakuna matata. Closing my eyes and slowing down my breathing every so often doesn't really do much but it makes me feel like I'm trying to cope. I'm not sure if it's that I slept in a funky position, or that I didn't sleep much this weekend (and when I did doze off it was in a funky position on a sofa or something), or just simply stress, or all of the above mixed in together to make me feel like crap. I mean, besides the headache and neck/shoulder pain, I feel twisted, uneven. A few weeks back I had a laugh over a waiter I saw who looked "twisted" but really wasn't. He was just serving the food in an odd fashion. I wonder if this is bad karma coming back to get me? Whatever the reason, one thing's for sure: this too shall pass and I'll feel better when it's gone. I look forward to a better tomorrow, one that is pain free, footloose, and full of fancy, whatever that means. It sounds good, better than this Texan kink, so I'll take it. "Fancy" seems so self indulgent. But really, sometimes you've got to save yourself. You, and only you, can make you feel even again, healthy. Keep on keepin' on. Kinks come and go. Yeah, this too shall pass. I think I'll weather this storm. Here's to a better tomorrow. Take care. Later, Butch