Thursday, February 02, 2006

I want my MTV. That was the catch phrase of my teen years. Light years later I'm buried over my head with raw footage I'm trying to edit for a new video for the web site. A new song with the new line up. It's a lot of work but hell, I've been teaching this stuff for 9 years now so I know what's what. That's the problem today. I need more footage, better footage, and a storyline. I was thinking the old usual band playing live video, but that's not cutting it. Not enough quality video. So I find myself driving the Interstate with a camcorder on my dash, singing along to the CD player. Go figure. A driving song. It's called "50 Miles" so I guess it'll work. Who knows? I guess I still want my MTV (although MTV isn't what it used to be. Do they ever play actual videos any more?). Having a video on the site is very helpful. People can see you besides hearing you. Good for the promo pack too. Anyway, as if I didn't have enough on my plate with getting the new guys ready for the UK, I'm now a video producer as well. And, no blog till Monday as I'm doing a little charity work at my son's school. Gotta earn those parent hours. Take care. Later, Butch
P.S. Incase you're wondering if I ever rest, I'll get 7 and a half hours sleep come March 16th as we fly to Manchester. The manager will drug me! Ah, such sweet relief.