Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The "50 Miles" video has been completed. I finished it a few days ago. After watching it a few hundred times during the editing process (it has 238 edits), I let a few others view it. I received good feedback. Then I let it sit for a few days, and finally rewatched it. It's done. The process of letting it leave your mind for a few days and then coming back to it is one I use with everything. It's good to get a fresh perspective on it after a few days rest. You tend to either miss things or keep adding too much when it's jumbled up in your head while working on it. The time away from it helps you to avoid these type of pitfalls. The video took over 10 hours of editing time. I'm pleased with it for a few reasons. At first I thought I didn't have enough raw footage and therefore wasn't going to have a video. The driving around footage really helped to hold it together. I'm also happy with the fact that I think the shots and quick edits really help get the feeling across that I was trying to capture when I wrote the song to begin with. I let my mom watch it. She really liked it. She thought I looked angry in it. It's not anger, it's desperation and serious commitment. That's what the character in the song is all about. The song itself has never been released. In fact, the version for the video is a demo I did of it. Live, it's usually the opener. Once things settle down and get into place with the band, I'll start recording a new CD. It will be on there for sure. As for the video, it should be posted for general viewing on the site very soon. I just had 20 high schoolers give it the seal of approval. Yeah, it ended up being a great thing to work on. I'm very satisfied and happy with the experience. Take care. Later, Butch