Monday, January 23, 2006

"Yes, I admit, it's getting better, a little better all the time." So sang Liverpool native and Beatle bassist Paul McCartney. And as I prepare for my second visit, and second round of gigs in that fair city, I'm feeling the same way about my situation. And it's funny how things tie into each other. My ties to Liverpool are greater than I ever would have imagined. Band practice last night went very well. Chris is back on bass. Having him there, knowing the material so well, and he being such a good musician, is so so wonderful. He's really the key. His strong playing really holds things together, especially with a band that hasn't played together very long. I'm very confident having these guys behind me. I look forward to the next few months, and the UK of course. After Groovy Cool decided to do what they needed to do on a personal level, everything was up in the air. I was lucky to have a very strong manager. She never let me drag ass. She was supportive but firm. If I wanted to continue this journey, there was no time for sulking. There was much to do. I realize I could never have done this without her. Not just the leg work, but the attitude. She's worked so hard these past few months. And now I can see it's going to work out. Her attitude of never say die is contagious. She's from Liverpool. The football team's motto (we call it soccer over here) is "You'll never walk alone." Ah, Liverpool. Yep, it's getting better all the time. Take care. Later, Butch