Monday, January 30, 2006

Saturday's show with Eddy and Jeff went very well. We did about a 30 minute set (8 tunes). It was good to finally get a gig with the new line up under our belt. There were a few moments I really really felt good about. Moments I know will only get better as we continue to play together. All we need is time. Jeff really followed me in "Cautious Man" and " Six Feet". I realized quickly he's really good at that. He watches what's going on with the live show rather than putting his head down and losing himself in his drum work. It's important that he follows what I'm doing with the audience. It makes the live show so much better. I'm excited to see how this developes further as we do more gigs together. The break downs in those two songs were really effective. And in "Cautious Man", Chris comes over and sings a sweet harmony part over my vocal just before we kick it back in. It's awesome. He comes over and we share my mic. It's intimate and powerful. It's rock and roll, and I heard and felt a hugh rush from the crowd as we did that and then Woody and Eddy kicked it in hard. It was really well done. Again, it will only get better. Yeah, I was happy with our first gig. We need practice, but it was a very good and positive start. I can't wait for the UK. Take care. Later, Butch