Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday the 13th. Friday the 16th later this week. Nobody's freaking out. The combo has been split. We've been conditioned to "consider" Friday the 13th. We've been conditioned to waste our precious time on all kinds of nonsense. Is it that we need stupid illogical B.S. to help us cope with all the real bad stuff life throws our way? Does the stupid stuff that really adds up to nothing help take the edge off of the real pain life will bring by preoccupying us with "considerations" of things too powerful to control? When we "get by" unscathed on yet another Friday the 13th, do we feel we've cheated fate, the same fate that has screwed us and caused us pain in other aspects of our lives? Hmm, I guess that's psychology. What do the stars tell us? Can they actually help guide us? I go with Jim Morrison's thoughts on all this when he said, "I think it's all a bunch of bullshit, myself." Yep, me too Lizard King. We control our own destiny. Our choices and attitude affect our lives much more than Scorpio in a bad moon risin'. If that's your bag, though, go for it. To each his own, as Silvia always says (that's my mom), just don't expect me to freak and throw salt over my shoulder, spit 16 times, walk backwards, and worship at the House of Hogwarts if a black cat crosses my path. I'll just put on the breaks, let the kitty live, and be on my way... to buy lotto tickets. Just kidding. I don't do that either. Work too hard to earn money. Not a gambler. Kenny Rogers, yes. Pete Rose, yes. Butch Ryan, no. Take care. Later, Butch