Friday, December 16, 2005

Some things I get, others escape me. The Big Mac I get. The club sandwich style construction, the lettuce, the special sauce; cool, very nice. I get it. Elvis' "Blue Christmas", fine, I get it. The emotion, the longing, the blueness of it all; I get it. A 6-4-3 double play, beautiful. The grace, the speed, the flow, the shear ballet, I get it. Recently, I've had the displeasure of being introduced to a place I just don't get. My realtor hooked me up with a $200 gift certificate to Robb and Stucky, a high brow furniture store. I thanked her for the kind gesture. She said it was a house warming gift. Fine, I get it. Very nice of her. Two hundred dollars is two hundred dollars. Not a fortune but a nice sum of cash, a day's pay for average folks. I soon realized upon walking in this place that my choices were limited, I mean extremely limited. My $200 ain't gonna cut it, it's getting it's ass kicked, like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest: ain't no way I'm winning in this joint. We got plastic orange ugly ass chairs going for $97! I don't get it. Lamps for $800, a $10,000 bed. For $10,000, the bed better come with a young, sexy, alive Marilyn Monroe (and even then, over priced). So I order a piece (I had to add to my gift certificate), they don't call to let me know it's in, they don't answer the phone when I call to check up on my order, and when I show up and they say it is in, they tell me to wait outside by the dock door for a guy who is in a meeting! Rob (Me) and Shitty ought to be the name of that place. I don't get it. Have over priced stuff and an attitude and you're considered high brow. Whatever. Ok, enough. It's Christmas time. Thanks for letting me vent. Think I'll have a Big Mac and listen to Elvis for lunch. That I get. Now if it was only baseball season... take care. Later, Butch