Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's Nick Lachey's birthday. I know nobody really gives a crap (myself included), but it gives me the opportunity to ramble a bit as I've got nothin' else today. First off, he was with boy band/poor man's 'N Sync 98 Degrees till a cold front came in and ended their run. Then he married the incredibly stupid but totally hot-hot-hot, totaly hot Jessica Simpson. Did I mention that she's hot? She's so hot that I'd have to touch her with oven mitts as not to blister. Same with Pamela Anderson, but it's the hep C not the blisters that I'd worry about with that filth. Anyway, I was playing this 4th of July gig at the St. Pete Pier. I was in the back for the older folks, and Brooke Hogan and Ashlee Simpson (pre SNL) were in front for the screaming children. In the middle of a song I noticed Ashlee Simpson get out of a van out back away from the screamers. I spoke to her via the mic. First I introduced her to the old folks; we made eye contact and she smiled (sigh), then I said, "you're sister's hot!" Did I mention I think Jessica Simpson's hot? Well, her smile faded and she quickly went in a back door. My wife told me I was an asshole, and Polly (Jay's wife) said that that was possibly the worst thing you can say to a young girl. She doesn't want to hear about her sister when she's trying to get out there herself as a young and beautifully independent woman. Who knew? Happy b-day Nick. I know she's stupid and you got to put up with alot, but damn playa, your wife is hot! Take care. Later, Butch