Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Yesterday was a hurricane day. Sorry for missing the blog. The fact that Wilma got here later than expected actually helped the band. The drive back from Georgia was pretty much rain free. The weather in Georgia the night of the gig was awesome. Clear and cool, mid 40's. Great for an outdoor show. The set went well. The college kids were very receptive to the tunes. Of course, "April's Lips" went over well. The last part of the video was filmed at the LaGrange Delt house about 18 months ago. Some of the kids that appear in the video were at the show. It was cool. I was handed a cell phone and spoke to the girl in the video that is perceived to be "April". She's now a graduate student in South Carolina. As a band, we were very tight. It was a good gig from start to finish. After our set, I got a Crown and Coke and headed to the front of the stage to sing along with the Journey cover band that hit the stage after us. I had a blast. The Crown helped fuel the Journey sing along, kept me warm, and eventually got me to start calling my friends in Chicago on the cell. Yep, I had more than one beverage. Take care. Later, Butch