Wednesday, October 26, 2005

When I wrote my first solo CD, "Unknown" (which, by the way, is available for purchase on this site. It's never too early to do some holiday shopping), I was messing around with the theme of love and how it is defined differently according to situations and relationships. I actually went to the dictionary and pulled out lines (yes, I steal, we all do). Today I'm thinking about stress, not that I'm going to write a song about that (Billy Joel already did), but I'm interested in how we sometimes, and more specifically, how I sometimes can better deal with it than other times. Why is it that at first it seems unconquerable, and yet as it grows that very growth whips us into action, and gives us a determination we never thought we had before? I guess that's the human spirit, buried deep within us all, waiting to come to life when we really need it most. The dictionary says it's a mental or physical tension or pressure. Obviously, I'm concerned here with the mental. I question though, how mental is it? When does the mental influence the emotional? And yet, aren't the two actually married (unless you're a Vulcan)? I think with me it all goes back to sleep. If I'm rested, I'm focused. And once I'm focused, almost anything seems possible. Today, I'm focused. I slept very well last night, very deep. I needed that. I was stressed out. Take care. Later, Butch
P.S. If you're stressed, take a nap. ("Take a break!" - Jim)