Monday, October 17, 2005

Saturday's show in Melbourne was awesome. I was just going through some of the raw video footage shot at the show. I'm sure parts of it will show up in a future video for a song on the next CD. What a neat gig. It's an old 80's style movie theatre where there are two movie theaters with a concesion stand in between. The concesion stand is now a bar (upgrade already), and when the early movie in theatre one is done, the band sets up underneath the huge screen. Once the late movie in theatre two is done, the band goes on in theatre one. It was like U2's Zoo TV. We had huge images of ourselves (yikes!) behind us while we played. Nothing but original music for 2 plus hours. A very receptive crowd to all things original, which gets me to my next point. Jay and I watched a little of "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" before sound check. I'd seen it before. While some parts were visualy stunning, it never even came close to the original. Maybe I feel that way because I still remember how blown away I was as a kid the first time I saw Wonka. It's still one of my favorite movies. It takes me back every time I see it. Why try to remake something that was perfect the first time? Move on, get original. Blow us away again on something new. Take care. Later, Butch