Friday, September 09, 2005

Well it's Friday and I'm off. No gig on a Friday doesn't happen to often for us. On a personal note, I will use the time to paint the dining room. Painting, that's something I'm really really bad at. Infact, all types of handy work are a bad idea. I can't change a door lock, hang a ceiling fan, or fix the sink. I CAN, however, MC your next bash. I CAN say really really bad jokes, so bad that you'll be laughing (although you may be laughing at me, not at the jokes). The point is we all have things we can do, things we can't. We need to accept that and live with it. For example, Rob, our drummer, can drink beer and smoke cigarettes, but he can't discuss John Milton's "Paradise Lost" with you. Big deal. Sometimes you don't need to discuss Milton, you need a friendly ear to listen to you over a Coors Light and a Winston. Thank you, Robert. Chris, the bass player, can discuss Milton, and he can also discuss Jenna Jameson, but he can't work with macaroni arts and crafts. Who cares, I love that little minx. Jay, well, he's good with sausage, God bless'em. So today's tip: accept and cherish your talents and don't worry about your weaknesses, somebody else will do that for you. Take care. Later, Butch