Friday, September 16, 2005

Tonight we begin with the first of 4 shows in 3 days. Also, for the first time, we'll do 2+ hours of nothing but original music. We've got some good guys, The Burners, warming up the crowd with some covers before we hit the stage around 11:30. I'm really looking forward to playing our songs for that length of time. I'm confident with the material, and every time we play with or open for another band, I'm always like, "I wish I could've played that one, but time ran out", after we've finished the set. For the next 2 nights it's our music for 2 hours, period. It's been a long time coming, being able to do that. I'm ready to go. I know come Sunday night (a half hour set with like 4 other bands down in Ybor), I'm going to be exhausted, but satisfied. I've been told that before we go on, when I'm getting the set ready, etc., that I get blinders on as I start to focus on the gig. Well, for this weekend, I think my blinders are going on as I type this (8:15 AM). I'm anxious to see if our music can keep the crowd going for that length of time. I know I've got to be on, at my best, but relaxed enough to get through to the crowd, make that connection. After endless cover gig marathons, I'm so ready for the challenge. Tonight another door is walked through, another chapter begins. And after all, isn't that what makes it worth while, fun? I'll keep you posted. Take care, Later, Butch