Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Take a deep breath. Exhail slowly. Clear your mind. Tell yourself over and over again that it'll all work out in the end, that this too shall pass. Take another deep breath, repeat process as long as it takes. That's my tip for today, as that's where I find myself today. You know how sometimes you feel so tired (even though you've had enough sleep) that every little thing seems like a big deal? OK, maybe it's just me who feels like that from time to time. Anyway, there's a certain panic and anxiety that seems to creep up. In the end (as I keep reminding myself over and over again), I'll get past all this and it will all seem so trivial. "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny", sang The Boss in "Rosalita". I'm with you, Bruce, it's just that today it seems like it would've been a good day to pull a Brian Wilson, and stay in bed. Although I know, deep down, that's actually the worst thing one could do. I remind myself, as I always do, that I'm blessed and lucky to have the life I do. There are so many others who are in much more dire straits than I. My difficulties are minor. Little things that seem, and that's the key word here, seem, to all come at the same time, start to add up. It gets overwhelming. I know we've all been there. I've been there many times, and I'm sure I'll visit many times more. I've just never had a daily blog before, a place where I write out what's going through my head at the moment. Oh well, enough on this. Time to stop cryin'. Time to take a deep breath..., take care. Later, Butch