Friday, September 23, 2005

Sorry this blog is being written so late in the day. I usually write these during the week in the early AM, but today I was side tracked. Seems I had the idea for a short folksy/countrified dity concerning gypsies, California, weather, and love. The story seemed so clear to me. Once the tune enters my head, I've got to get to the pen and paper, and the guitar, and let that baby be born. It's needs to breath. Then, for the next few hours, I'll hum it over and over in my head, refine the meter, and pray for it to move on out of my head so that another sibbling can be conceived. It's a gift, I guess, the tunes I hear in my head (some of you may disagree, ie, those who think I'm talentless). Sometimes, when my "water breaks", and it's 11 PM on a Tuesday, and I'm tired and need to go to sleep, I call it a curse (some of you may agree, ie, those of you who think I'm talentless. I don't care, I love my children). Anywho, that's why the blog was late. The songs complete, though. Hopefully, I'll play it out soon. It was written for the acoustic guitar and harmonica, so it will be played while the guys are on break. Tonight we're in St. Augustine. Let's pray for a soundman who knows what he's doing. More on that tomorrow. Take care. Later, Butch