Saturday, September 17, 2005

Last night I met Elvis. I was playing a little dive out in Largo (as if Largo would have big dives... oh, wait, it probably does). I introduced the song "Elvis Is Not Dead" ( a favorite of both Chicago natives Tommy T. and Johnny O.). It's from the CD, "Honeylove", which by the way, is available for purchase on this site. You can never start Christmas shopping too early. Anyway, I intro the song and this really really really drunk kid with a Hungry Howie's crest emblazing the left brest of his flour ladened golf shirt screams, "I'm ELVIS!!!". What? He then comes up to me and produces a Dearborn, Michigan driver's license announcing his name is indeed Elvis. Who knew! I guess I had it right when I wrote the song. Forget the fame and fortune. I do this job because of the amazing people I meet. Take care (I'm kinda tired and only have 3 gigs and 2 days to go). Later, Butch