Thursday, September 22, 2005

Katrina, Rita. Leave it to a woman to show up in town unexpectedly, raise havoc, and leave you wet, thirsty, and homeless. What's the deal? And these hurricanes are getting bigger and badder. It's like the NBA. Shaq and Yao are bigger, Ron Artest and Ben Wallace are badder. Kobe's just Kobe. Can't a playa play? All coastal citizens have to be getting paranoid every time they hear the word hurricane. Did you see how fast people were leaving Galveston? The last time they had that type of traffic out of town was when the State Fair Hog Contest was moved to Austin. (I'll be here all week. Try the veal.) Imagine if the storms didn't have nice friendly (and in these two cases) female names. People would double freak if the Weather Channel reported Hurricane Saddam was on the horizon. Or Hurricane Lucifer, Hurricane Hitler, Hurricane Throckmorton! Being a Florida resident my entire life, I guess I'm pretty lucky to never have been hit head on. Sure, I've had work, gigs, and vacations canceled due to a hurricane, but I've never been washed out...although I have experienced a woman showing up unexpectedly, raising havoc, and leaving me wet, thirsty, and homeless. Go figure. Take care, Later, Butch