Monday, September 19, 2005

It's the little things that matter. My lunch today is a PB & J with a Pepsi Vanilla. But wait, it gets better. We just booked a gig in late October in a little college town in Northwestern Georgia. You know what that means: sweater weather! I love sweater weather for several reasons. It's something we don't get to do to often down here in Florida, if it's the right sweater you'll look smarter (HINT TO CORKY: add some big round glasses and you're a shoe in with the Mensa crowd), and it's an awesome addition to the ladies (see "Driving To Canada" lyrics). Besides all that, I'm stoked because another one of my life long goals has been reached. I've climbed Everest, and I'm like Sylvester Stalone in Philly, doing my victory dance at the top for the whole world to see. The goal was lofty. I remember watching "Eddie and The Crusiers" religously thinking, "One day, I want to play a college homecoming gig." Remember when The Cruisers played Fairly Dickenson in Jersey (it's in the Madison/ Morristown/ Whippany area for you geography buffs)? Then Eddie went kind of postal 'cause he was a high school dropout and his self esteem was crappy and here were all these "rich college kids". Eddie was a rock and roller, a low life. Man, what a turning point in my life. And now I'm playing LaGrange College's Homecoming (it gets super better: we're opening for a Journey cover band. "Anyway you want it, that's the way you need it, anyway you want it.) I want it with chicks in tight sweaters. Rock on! I feel bad for Karen, our manager, as this will be her first "van" road trip with us, and we are sure to crank the jackass level up a notch or two. I mean, c'mon, cool weather, a college bash, and Journey? Jay's already claiming he will visit his old frat house (he's an alum) and get "stupid". I can't wait. Christmas has come early. Take care. Later, Butch